Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has participated in ‘Atmanirbhar Narishakti se Samvad’ and interacted with women Self Help Group (SHG) members/community resource persons promoted under the Deendayal
Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) via video conferencing.
● During the event, a compendium of success stories of women SHG members from all over the country, along with a handbook on universalization of farm livelihoods has also been released by Prime Minister Modi
● The Prime Minister has released support funds a sum of Rs. 1625 Crore to over 4 lakh SHGs.
● In addition, he also released Rs. 25 crore as seed money for 7500 SHG members under the Prime Minister Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme of Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Rs. 4.13 crore as funds to 75 Farmer ProducerOrganizations being promoted under this Mission.
● DAY-NRLM aims at mobilizing rural poor households into Self Help Groups in a phased manner and provide them long-term support to diversify their livelihoods, improve their incomes, empower them and improve their quality of life and betterment of society.
● Most of Mission’s interventions are being implemented and scaled up by the Self Help Groups of women themselves who are trained as community resource persons (CRPs) such as Krishi Sakhis, Pashu
Sakhis, Bank Sakhis, Bima Sakhis, Banking Correspondent Sakhis etc.
● The Mission is also working on empowering and developing the SHG women through awareness generation and behaviour change, developing communication on issues such as domestic violence,
women’s education and other gender related concerns, nutrition, sanitation, health, hygiene, etc