Q. What is the syllabus for UPSC Physics optional paper?
The syllabus for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Physics optional paper includes the following topics:
2. Waves and Optics
3. Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics
4. Electricity and Magnetism
5. Atomic and Molecular Physics
6. Nuclear and Particle Physics
7. Solid State Physics and Electronics
8. Quantum Mechanics and its Applications
9. Electromagnetic Theory
10. Mathematical Methods of Physics
11. Classical Mechanics
12. Special Relativity and Electromagnetic Waves
13. Experimental Techniques and Data Analysis
14. Astronomy and Astrophysics
15. Condensed Matter Physics
Q. How much time will it take to prepare for UPSC Physics optional?
It will take around 8-10 months to prepare for UPSC Physics optional if you study 2-3 hours a day.
The syllabus is extensive and in order to get a clear understanding of topics, it is important to study from good notes. Plutus IAS provides excellent subject notes curated by top faculty members.
Q. Past year toppers of UPSC Physics optional paper
The past year toppers of UPSC Physics optional paper are: