05 Mar India and Fiji on Agriculture and Allied Sectors
Posted at 05 Mar 2021 in Agriculture, Current Affairs, GS Paper II, International relation 0 Comments
- Recently, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and France in the field of renewable energy cooperation.
- This agreement will come into effect immediately and will remain so in force for a period of five years.
- Exchange of research personnel, scientific experts, specialists between two countries
- Improvement and transfer of technology, infrastructure for agricultural expansion
- Seminars and workshops for the development of human resources
- Promotion of joint ventures, capacity development, direct trade of agriculture products
- Establishment of Indo-Fiji Working Group for trading in phytosanitary issues
Under the MoU, a Joint Working Group (JWG) will be established to lay down procedures and plan and endorse programs of cooperation towards attaining its objectives through the agencies of the two countries. The Group will conduct its meeting alternately in India and Fiji once every two years.
[download id=”43165 “]