31 May India must not miss the cryptocurrency bus (Indian Express, GS-2,Governance)
Posted at 31 May 2021 in Current Affairs, Governance, GS Paper II 0 Comments
Context:- Cryptocurrency is gaining new currency in the economy. India has banned crypto because it has been misused by miscreants such as Terrorist etc.
Current time line:-
- Satoshi nakomoto invented bitcoin
- Since 2008 its price is increasing
- Recently china had cracked down this currency
- Recent upsurge in the prices of bitcoin make them more attractive
Cons of bitcoin:-
- extreme volatility
- Can be used in illicit activities
What is way forward:-
- Regulation rather than ban is way forward
- Anonymity can be exploited.
- to protect unsuspecting investors from excessive market volatility an
Download Daily Current Affairs of 31th May 2021