Konkani Mains Syllabus
All the answers must be written in Konkani Language.
Section A: A History of the Konkani Language
- Origin & Development of the Language and influences on it.
- Major variants of Konkani and their linguistic features.
- Grammatical and lexicographic work in Konkani, including a study of cases, adverbs, indeclinables and voices.
- Old standard Konkani, New Standard, and standardization problems.
Section B: History of Konkani Literature
- History of Konkani literature from its probable source to the present times, with emphasis on its major works, writers, and movements.
- The social and cultural background of the making of Konkani literature from time to time.
- Indian & Western influences on Konkani literature, from the earliest to modern times.
- Modern Literary trends in the various genres and regions including a study of Konkani folklore.
- a) Konkani Mansagangotri (excluding Poetry) ed. By Prof. Olivinho Gomes.
- b) Old Konkani Language & Literature- the Portuguese Role.
- a) Otomo Denvcharak- a novel by A.V. da Cruz.
- b) Vadoll ani Varem- a novel by Antonia Pereira.
- c) Devache Kurpen- a novel by V.J.P. Saldanha
- a) Vajralikhani- Shenoy Goem-bab-an anthology-ed. by Shantaram Varde Valavalikar.
- b) Konkani Lalit Niband-Essays-ed. By Shyam Verenkar.
- c) Teen Dasakam-an anthology-ed. By Chandrakant Keni.
- a) Demand-Drama-by Pundalik Naik.
- b) Kadambini: A Miscellany of Modern Prose-ed. By Prof. O.J.F. Gomes and Smt. PS Tadkodkar.
- c) Ratha Tujeo Ghudieo-by Smt Jayanti Naik
- a) Ev Ani Mori: Poetry by Eduardo Bruno de Souza.
- b) Abravanchem Yadnyadan- by Lois Mascarenhas.
- a) Godde Ramayana-ed. By R.K. Rao.
- b) Ratnakar I & II-collection of poems-ed. by R.V. Pandit.
- a) Zayo Zuyo-poems-Manohar L. Sardessai
- b) Kanadi Mati Konkani Kavi-anthology of poems-ed. Pratap Naik.