National AYUSH Mission which is a centrally sponsored scheme is being implemented by Central government through States/UTs for development and promotion of Ayurvedic medicine.
Provisions for the promotion for Ayush System including the Ayurvedic system are:
- Co-location of the facilities provided under AYUSH at Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and Districts Hospitals (DHs).
- AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries of the state government will be upgraded.
- Setting up of approximately 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospital.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate educational institutions of state government would be upgraded.
- New AYUSH Educational Institutions will be opened in states.
- For manufacturing of quality medicines in AYUSH systems State government cooperatives and undertakings will be upgraded.
- To Strengthen State Drug Testing Laboratories for ASU &H Drugs for stringent quality control.
- Support for the cultivation of Medicinal Plant including processing and post-harvest management to ensure availability of quality raw material for AYUSH medicine and other products.