Nepali Mains Syllabus
- History of the origin and development of Nepali as pone of the new indo Aryan Languages.
- Fundamental of Nepali Grammar and Phonology:
- Nominal forms and categories:
Gender, forms and categories.
- Verbal Norms and categories- Tense, Aspects, Voice, Roots and Fixes
- Nepali Swara and Vyanjana.
- Major Dialects of Nepali
- Standardisation and modernisation of Nepali with special reference to language movements (viz. Halanta Bahiskar, Jharrovad, etc).
- Teaching of Nepali Language in India- its history and development with special reference to its socio-cultural aspects.
- History of Nepali Literature with special reference to its development in India.
- Fundamental concepts and theories of Literature:
- Kavya/Sahitya, kavya Prayojan, Literary Genres, Shabda Shakti, Rasa, Alankara, Tragedy, Comedy, Aesthetics, stylistics.
- Major Literary Trends & Movements-
Swachchhandandatawad, Yathardavad, Astitwavad, Ayamik Movement Contemporary Nepali Writings, Postmodernism.
- Nepali Folklores (the following Folk-form only)- Sawai, Jhyaurey, Selo, Sangini, Lahari.
- Santa Inandil Das (Udaya Laharl)
- Lekhnath Poudyal Tartan Tapasi(Vishrams III. V. VI, XII, XV, XVIII only)
- Again Sing Giri Jaleko Pratibimba Royeko Pratidhwani (The following Poems only-Prasawako ChIchyahatsanga Bymnlieko Ek Raat, Chhorolal, Jaleko Pmtlblmba : Royeko PratidliwmiL Hamro ALIA:mad Pant thanchha Ulyalo, Tihar).
- Haribhakta Katuwal Yo Zinadagi Khal Ke Zindagi : (The following poems only-Jeev-an : Ek Dristi, Yo Zindagi Khai ICe Zindagi, Akashka Tara Ke Tam, Handal Ninth° Nasamiha, Falai Manyata Vahan Atmahutiko Balidan Ko).
- Balkashna Santa Prahlad.
- Manbahadur Mukhla Andhyaroma Banchnehana (The following One-Act only-Andhyaroma Etanchneharte Isuslceral
- Indra Sundas (Sahara).
- Lilbahadur Chhetri (Brahmaputra ko Chheuchhau).
- Rupnarayan Sinha (Katha Navratna (the following stories only- Biteka Kura, Jimmewari Kasko, Dhanamatiko Cinema, Swapna, Vidhwasta Jeewan).
- Indrabahadur Rai (Vipana Katipaya (the following stories only- Raatbhari Huri Chalyo, Jayamara Aphumatra Lekhapani, Aipugi, Bhagi, Ghosh Babu, Chhutuaiyo)).
- Sanu Lama (Katha Sampaad (the following stories only- Swasni Manchhey, Khani Tarma Ekdin, Gaun Chhadyo, Asinapo Manchhey)).
- Laxmi Prasad (Laxmi Nibandha Devkota Sangraha (the following essays only- Shri Ganesha Namah, Nepali Sahityako Itihasma Sarvashreshtha Purus, Kalpana, Kala Ra Jeewan, Gadha Buddhiman ki Guru?)).
- Ramkrishna Sharma (Das Gorkha (the following essays only-Kavi, Samaj Ra Sahitya, Sahityama Sapekshata, Sahityik Ruchiko Praudhatanepali Sahityako Pragati)).