16 Feb India’s First CNG Tractor
India’s first ever Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Tractor was launched.
- The CNG Tractor’s most important benefit for the farmer will be to save upto 50 %on the fuel cost.
- The conversion from diesel to CNG will be very efficient and useful as it is a clean fuel with lowest carbon and pollutant content.
- It has been seen that this retrofitted CNG tractor produces more power or equal than the diesel run engine.
- It is very economical as it has zero- lead and is non corrosive which is very helpful in increasing the life of the engine.
- Stubble can be used as a raw material for producing bio- CNG productions in their locality
(Source- The Hindu)