07 May We need temporary reconciliation, a national action plan. PM must take lead (Indian Express, GS-2, Governance)
Context:-COVID-19’s 2nd wave rendered India in a devastated state with fragile economy and social chaos.
What PM must do according the author:-
- national action planmust be made and owned by all the state chief ministers and the central government
- A national strategy is a consensus document.
- rationing of vaccine and other medical supplies be done fairly.
- collective decisions-> the more confidence in their fairness.
- activation of parliamentary select committees as tools of accountability
- depoliticise the bureaucracy
- No part of India can win unless the whole of India wins.
Plutus IAS Current Affair Team Member