26 Feb Who is the real culprit of Russia Ukrainian war – NATO, EU or Putin : An analysis in various direction
Who is the real culprit of Russia Ukrainian war – NATO, EU or Putin – Today Current Affairs
Diplomacy has retreated as the smoldering Ukraine crisis took a decisive turn this week. On February 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin launched “special military operations” with the objective of “demilitarizing Ukraine” but not “occupying” it. With whom justice is? With Russia or Ukraine ? Both parties are claiming the just with themselves
Today Current Affairs
- After the massive military attack over Ukraine, a full fledged war has been started . Ukraine, NATO , and US, EU and Britain declared its Russian aggression and the result of the dictatorship of Putin while Russia declared that this war as a limited military operation for securing her strategical interest and to uprooting the neo Nazim. The interesting thing is that England and America equated this act of the Putin as the act of the Nazis during 2nd World War while Putin also equated the Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelenskyy as Neo Nazy .
The cultural conflict in Ukraine : The Hindu Analysis
- In Ukraine more than 67 % people are Ukrainian speaking while more than 29 % people of Russian language and remaining are the speakers of other languages like Hungarian and other Slavs languages.
- In fact the language and the culture of Ukraine also originated from Slavs culture but there are some general differences between the Ukrainian and Russian language because of the local impact. Two different cultures either should be intermingled and accommodated or conflict is essential.
- As per the article 10 of the Ukrainian constitution , Ukrainian languages are the official languages of the state but other minority languages also can be used in court, school and other government offices as the secondary language. But after 2019, through an amendment in this article , the required language of study in Ukrainian schools from the fifth grade on will be Ukrainian languages . These types of activities created discontent among the minorities of Ukraine as well as Hungry government also showed its concern in this regard
Responsibility of NATO : The Hindu Analysis
- NATO is an intergovernmental military alliance between 28 European countries and 2 North American countries. Initially it started with 12 members (Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, and the United States.) . Now the number of its members has reached up to 30, 28 from Europe and 2 North America.
- After the disintegration of the USSR , most of the former USSR countries joined NATO. Beginning in 1999, NATO has added 14 new members in stages. At the NATO summit in 2008, at U.S. President George Bush’s urging, an in-principle opening for Ukraine and Georgia was announced. This was a real threat for Russia from the side of NATO. It was a bad compromise and the damage was done. How Russia , a powerful country could tolerate it
Today Current Affairs
Responsibility of US : The Hindu Analysis
- When Russia attacked Georgia in the name of protection of the interest of Russian minorities in 2012 and after that annexation of Crimea, the US could not raise proper steps for balance of power in eastern Europe . In fact, Russia is moving towards its reunification of the Slavs race again.
- Any discontent emerged in Ukraine among Russian minorities should be added carefully and Americans should not provoke Ukraine by continuous supplying of arms. Clearly, Mr. Putin’s grievances, beginning with NATO’s bombing of Serbia in 1999, interventions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya and color revolutions to engineer regime changes, the U.S.’ unilateral withdrawal from the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty in 2002 coupled with missile defense deployments in Poland and Romania that Russia perceived as offensive, were accumulating.
Responsibility of European Union : The Hindu Analysis
The European Union never raised the issue of the Hungarian minority languages because they were busy protecting their own interest . More than 70 % of natural gas exports from Russia to Europe. Definitely, the EU preferred its own interest. This was the reason France and Germany , up to the last tried to negotiate with Russia however they knew that the war was inevitable . France and Germany initiated talks between Ukraine and Russia under the Normandy format leading to the Minsk agreements, in 2014 and 2015. The first was for a ceasefire between Ukraine and the Russian-backed separatists and the second was between Ukraine, Russia, the two separatist regions of Luhansk and Donetsk and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). However the Minsk agreement could not implement properly
In the intense diplomacy during the last six weeks, particularly the back-to-back visits by French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Olaf Schulz to Moscow and Kiev, there was talk of reviving the Normandy format. Therefore the EU was just focusing on its own interest .
Responsibility of Russia : The Hindu Analysis
Aggression can never be justified in any means as per the Indian culture . As per the myths in Indian culture , we tried to stop the war up to the last of our hope and preferred negotiation than war. In this regard Russia is also a big culprit of the war . However , this is the strategic compulsion for India not to criticize Russia openly . Our main concern , for time being is that how to evacuate our Indians from Ukraine
War, in any form, in any means, in any situation can not be justified . In fact, the entire world will be a victim of this war . Hence the big powers of the world should not be freed from the responsibility of the war . In any war, common people always suffer and high level politicians and the capitalist enjoy /benefit . This war should be stopped as soon as possible.
In this article we mention all information about Who is the real culprit of Russia Ukrainian war – NATO, EU or Putin Today Current Affairs.
Source : The Hindu (Editorial )
GS paper II