20 Apr Food Park
(GS PAPER-3, INFRASTRUCTURE
SOURCE- THE HINDU)
Recently Italy has launched the first “Mega Food Park” in India involving food processing facilities. It is the first Italian-Indian Food Park project which has been launched in India
About the Project:
- The name given to the project is “Mega Food Park”.
- The prime goal of the project is to develop cooperation between agriculture and industry.
- The project IS focussing on the research and development of efficient technologies in this sector.
- It is implemented by a Special Purpose Vehicle. The SPV is a registered corporate under the Companies Act.
- It will link agricultural production and markets.