23 Jun International Yoga Day
Posted at 23 Jun 2022 in Current Affairs 0 Comments
International Yoga Day – Today Current Affairs
- Date: – June 21 and has been celebrated annually on since 2015
- The theme of this year’s Yoga Day celebrations is “Yoga for Humanity”
- PM leads the main event at Mysuru Palace.
- The idea of an International Day of Yoga, initially proposed by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, was promoted by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), on 27 September 2014. The Hindu Analysis
- According to Hindu legends, Shiva is considered to be the originator of yoga and also called Adiyogi, the first yogi (adi =”first”).
- Summer solstice holds importance in the yogic culture as it is considered to be the very beginning of the yoga. The Hindu Analysis
- Yoga was brought to the people by the “Saptarishis”.(The Saptarishi, are the seven rishis in ancient India, who are extolled at many places in the Vedas and other Hindu literature. The Vedic Samhitas never enumerate these rishis by name, though later Vedic texts such as the Brahmanas and Upanisads do so.)