15 Mar Linking of OTPRMS Certificates With DigiLocker (PIB)
Posted at 15 Mar 2021 in Current Affairs, Governance, GS Paper II, GS Paper III, Science and technology 0 Comments
- Recently, the Ministry of Education announced that, in order to provide hassle-free access to verified Online Teacher Pupil Registration Management System (OTPRMS) Certificates, the certificates will be linked with DigiLocker.
- The given certificates will automatically be sent to DigiLocker.
- The registration cost of rupees 200, for obtaining OTPRMS Certificates, issued by NCTE has been removed.
- It said that this move will facilitate all stakeholders all over India to be digitally empowered expediting ease of doing business.
What is DigiLocker:
- This is a flagship program of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the Digital India scheme.
- It stores the certificates in an electronic and print-friendly format for easier access.
- To sign up for the process users need to have an Aadhar card and the mobile number registered with it.