Maithili Mains Syllabus:
All the answers must be written in Devnagri Script
History of Maithili Language
- Place of Maithili in Indo-European Language Family.
- Origin and development of Maithili Language (Sanskrit, Maithili, Prakrit, Avhatt)
- Periodic Division of Maithili Language (Beginning, Middle Era, Modern Era).
- Maithili & its different dialects.
- Relationship between Maithili & other Eastern Languages (Bengali, Assamese, Oriya).
- Origin & Development of Tirhuta Script.
- Pronouns & Verbs in Maithili Language.
History of Maithili Literature
- Background of Maithili Literature (Religious, Economic, Social, Cultural).
- Periodic Division of Maithili Literature.
- Pre-Vidyapati Literature.
- Vidyapati & his Tradition.
- Medieval Maithili Drama (Kirtaniya Natak, Ankia Nat, Maithili Dramas written in Nepali).
- Maithili Folk Literature (Folk Tales, Folk Drama, Folk Stories, Folk Songs)
- Development of different literary forms in modern era:
- Short Story
- Development of Maithili Magazines and Journals.
- Vidyapati Geet-Shakti- Publisher: Sahitya Academy, New Delhi (Lyrics 1-50)
- Govind Das Bhajanavali- Publisher: Maithili Academy, Patna (Lyrics 1-25)
- Krishna Janm- Manbodh
- Mithilabhasha Ramayana- Chanda Jha (Only Sundar-kand)
- Rameshwar Charit Mithila Ramayana- Lal Das (Only Bal-Kand)
- Keechak-Vadh- Tantra Nath Jha
- Datta Vati- Surendra Jha ‘Suman’ (Only 1st & 2nd Cantos).
- Samakaleen Maithili Kavita-Publisher: Sahitya Academy, New Delhi. Part B
- Varna Ratnakar- Jyotirishwar (Only 2nd Kallol)
- Khattar Kakak Tarang- Hari Mohan Jha
- Lorik- Vijaya Manipadma
- Prithvi Putra- Lalit
- Bhaphait Chahak Jinagi- Sudhanshu ‘Shekhar’ Chaudhary
- Kriti Rajkamal- Publisher: Maithili Academy, Patna (First 10 Stories only)
- Katha-Sangraha-Publisher: Maithili Academy, Patna