( GS Paper 2, Government and Policies
The Government of India Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and industry and United Nations based better than cash Alliance hosted Merchant digitisation summit 2021: Towards Atma NirbhaBharat
It is a three day event held from 1st to 3rd March 2021
Objective of the Summit
- To accelerate responsible digitisation of merchants in India’s North Eastern and Himalayan region and aspirational districts
- Empowering women merchants who play critical role in there communities one of the priorities to help achieve the mission of digital India
- The Summit it part of the the series of learning exchange amongst all state and union territories
what is Better Than Cash Alliance (BTCA)
- It is a partnership of government companies and international organisations that accelerate the transition from cash to responsible digital payments.
- It was launched by the United Nations capital development funded by the United state agency for international development, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, City group, The Ford foundation, The Omidyar network and Visa Inc.
India and Better Than Cash Alliance (BTCA)
- India became a member of the alliance in 2015
- It is to digitize payments to achieve financial inclusion
- It is to share Success stories from Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana