08 Apr MoU signed between India and Japan for Academic and Research Cooperation
Posted at 08 Apr 2021 in Current Affairs 0 Comments
(GS PAPER- 2, Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements)
Recently The Union Cabinet approved an MoU signed between India and Japan. This MoU was signed between the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) that works under the Department of Space, GoI, and the Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH) that operates under the Kyoto University of Japan.
- The NARL and RISH will work in the areas of atmospheric sciences, technologies, collaborative scientific experiments, and other related modeling studies
- Both countries will exchange scientific materials, information, publications, students, faculty members, and researchers
Relation of India and Japan-
- Both the countries hold 2+2 dialogues annually.
- Japan is the second country with which India has such a dialogue format. ( another country is the United States)
- India majorly exports petroleum products, chemicals, etc to Japan
- According to data major imports of India from Japan are transport, machinery, iron, and steel, and electronic goods, etc
- Japan supplies nuclear reactors and nuclear technology to India