18 Feb Sandes App
Recently the Government of India has launched an app known as Sandes app
About the app-
- This is an instant messaging platform which is developed on the lines of WhatsApp.
- It has been made by the National Informatics centre.
- NIC platform can be used for all kinds of communication by any person of the country with a mobile number and Valid email ID.
- It was earlier introduced in the year 2020 Which could be used by both of the government whether it is centre or state for intra and inter organisational communication.
- The chat on the government instant messaging system can be a backup user’s email.
- This app allows the user to mark a message as confidential which will allow the recipient to be made aware about the message and they should not be shared with others.
- This app does not allow the user to change their email ID for registered phone number.
- The user will have to re register as a new , just in case they wish to change their registered email id or phone number
National Informatics centre (NIC)
- NIC is an attached office from the ministry of Electronics and information technology
- It was established in 1976 and it has a great experience in providing information communication technology to the Government.
- It has supported the Government of India for the last four decades.
- NIC has emerged as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development.
- This facilitates electronic delivery of services to the government to government and government to citizens.