GS PAPER-3 Infrastructure
Source- The Hindu
India, Australia, and Japan have formally launched the Supply Chain Resilience Initiative. The objective of the initiative was to counter the dominance of China in the Global Supply Chain. It also aims to prevent disruptions in the supply chain as seen during the pandemic of COVID-19. The initiative will mainly focus on diversification of investment and digital technology adoption.
- To increase Foreign Direct Investment in India and eventually turn Indo-Pacific region into an “Economic Powerhouse”.
- To build complementary relations between the partner countries
- To build on the existential Supply Chain Network.
Action by China-
- Recently China has formed an initiative with its Asian neighbors Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh to help them set up COVID-19 emergency supply reserves.
- Recently the Sichuan Airlines of China has suspended cargo flights to India that were taking crucial supplies of Oxygen concentrators to India.
- Such aggressive war-like behavior of China even during the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the countries to form these initiatives.