19 Aug Urdu Mains Syllabus
Urdu Mains Syllabus:
The paper has to be written in the Persian script.
- Paper I
- Paper II
Section A: Development of Urdu Language
- Development of Urdu Language
- Old Indo-Aryan
Ii. Middle Indo-Aryan
Iii. New Indo-Aryan
- Western Hindi & its dialects Brij Bhasha Khadi Boli, Haryanavni, Kannauji, Bundeli- Theories about the origin of Urdu Language
- Dakhani Urdu- origin & development, its significant linguistic features.
- Social & Cultural Roots of Urdu Language- and its distinctive features.
Script, Phonology, Morphology, Vocabulary.
Section B: Genres and their Development:
- Poetry: Ghazal, Masnavi, Qasida, Marsia, Rubai Jadid Nazm.
- Prose: Novel, Short Story, Dastan, Drama, Inshaiya, Khutoot, Biography.
III. Significant features of : (i). Deccani, Delhi & Lucknow Schools, (ii). Sir Syed Movement, Romantic Movement, Progressive Movement, Modernism.
- Literary Criticism & its development with reference to Hali, Shibli, Kaleemuddin Ahmad, Ehtisham Hussain, Ale-Ahmad Suroor
- Essay Writing (covering literary & imaginative topics).