01 Jun World’s first Nano Urea Liquid
(GS PAPER-3, Clean Energy
Source- The Hindu)
The world’s first Nano Urea Liquid for farmers across the world was introduced by the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO). IFFCO made the big reveal during its 50th annual general body meeting held in the online-offline mode. According to IFFCO, the Nano Urea Liquid has been indigenously developed after several years of research by its scientists and engineers through a proprietary technology that was developed at Nano Biotechnology Research Centre, Kalol in line with ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Atmanirbhar Krishi.
About Nano urea-
- Urea that is produced from nano-technology to improve the efficiency of the nutrients of the crops is called as nano urea.
- The nano urea liquid will replace conventional Urea and it can curtail its requirement by at least 50 percent.
Benefit of Nano urea liquid-
- The Nano Urea Liquid has been found to be effective and efficient for plant nutrition, which increases production with improved nutritional quality.
- According to IFFCO, the nano urea liquid will also have a positive impact on the quality of underground water, very significant in reduction in global warming with an impact on climate change and sustainable development.
- The introduction of nano urea liquid is significant as its use by farmers will boost balanced nutrition program by reducing the excess use of Urea application in the soil.
- It will help make the crops stronger, healthier and protect them from the lodging effect.
- Excess urea not only causes environmental pollution but also harms soil health and makes plants more susceptible to disease and insect infestation, delaying the maturity of the crop and resulting in production loss.