04 Jun Significant progress in SDGs on clean energy, health: NITI index (The Hindu, GS-2,)
Context:- Sustainable development goals which are the milestones to be achieved by 2030 as according to the United nation. On this front india’s achievement in SDG is measured by the NITI ayog on the pretext of index which will account for all the states.
- major decline in the areas of industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Kerala retained its position at the top of the ran
- The NITI Aayog launched this index in 2018
- followed by Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh
- Bihar, Jharkhand and Assam were the worst performing States
- all the States showed some improvement from last year’s scores
- The NITI Aayog Index shows some improvement in the SDG on inequality.
- The 2018 indicators included the Palma ratio but it was not included in 2020 rather different social parameters were included
- social equality indicators
- the percentage of women and Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe representatives in State Legislatures and the panchayati raj institutions
- the levels of crime against the SC/ST communities.
- the SDGs on eradication of poverty and hunger both saw significant Improvement
Plutus IAS Current Affair Team Member