05 May An issue of lives versus livelihoods’(GS-2,3 Economy , social Justice, The Hindu)
Context:- a bleak future, with job losses, loss of rented accommodations, a lack of sustainable income and savings to ensure food, transportation back to villages or any other emergency including falling victim to COVID-19.
This can act as a case study for Ethics Paper-4
Life Vs Livelihood:- On one hand we are saving life from the COVID-2.0 by curfew and Lockdown and on other hand people are losing their livelihood which can also act as a killer to them. This is the endless journey.
What the most prominent questions in front of the government.
- How to save life and livelihood simultaneously.
- Are governments really caring for people, i.e. in this distressed times daily wage workers are the most vulnerable because they don’t have minimum wage guarantee, so how governments are taking care of them.
What should be done now?
- Life is the paramount importance but livelihood holds no less.
- Government should support the most vulnerable financially or materially.
- Minimum needs must be fullfill.
- A federal cooperation with people coordination is the way forward.
- Issue of migrants must be at the heart of.
- Enforcement of law and order.