14 Mar Boosting Ayushman Bharat(The Hindu)
- Recently, the “Aap Ke Dwar Ayushman” drive of the National Health Authority registered more than 4.7 lakh beneficiary verifications in a single day to attain free healthcare facilities under the flagship Ayushman Bharat PMJAY scheme.
- Bihar became the first State to mobilize the authentication process in the mission mode.
- The main objective is to create large-scale awareness about the health insurance scheme, more so, in rural and interior parts of India, where cashless healthcare benefits of up to rupees five lakh per family per year are breached.
- To verify beneficiaries living in the remotest areas of the country and bring them under the scheme to provide them with financial protection arising out of the medical concerns.
Where is it implemented?:
- Currently, the awareness programs have kick-started in the States of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Haryana, and Jammu &Kashmir.