Context:- Author tries to find out the loopholes in the governance of the Modi government, the vaccination programme and the fight against black money.
- Finance minister, though, boasted that India’s health expenditure has increased this year but in terms of GDP it has stagnated.
- There was no explicit expenditure to fight against COVID.
- Government was having myopia on the effect of COVID.
- Government vaccination :-
- There is a discrimination among centre and state by the centre.vacciene prices as less for the centre and more for the state.
- Centre don’t have a coherent vaccination policy.
- Don’t have explicit money to spend on vaccination.
- Government has left fight against COVID to the states, but state also don’t have money
- Central Government mismanagement has led to death and suffering of millions.
What is the way forward:-
- An all india vaccination policy.
- State must get the vaccine on the rate at which centre gets.
- Import of vaccine
- Must enhance the age spectrum
- State must get the flexibility in vaccination.
- Lockdown can’t be a way forward but essential medics care is.