17 Feb Lockdown Impact: Infant Mortality on The Rise?
Posted at 17 Feb 2021 in Current Affairs, Ethics, Governance, GS Paper II, GS Paper IV, Social Justice 0 Comments
- Recently, a report stated that more than 12,500 infants have died during the lockdown.
- Mumbai had the highest mortality rate among the other districts in Maharashtra.
- The lockdown had impacted adversely with respect to having access to the health care facilities for the past year.
- Infants, who need immediate and urgent medical care, in most cases have been deprived of medical facilities.
- The ratio of the doctor to patients in India is abysmally low.
- During the pandemic, most doctors were occupied or prioritized dealing with Covid.
- Availability of life-saving equipment plays a big role in defining the life or death moment for a newborn.
- The early age of pregnancy plays a major role in the issue.
- Infrastructure & Systemic Changes in the health structure are a must.
- Equitable access to health care, the penetration among the poor should be the aim.
- Political will and making sure to make available funds in a timely manner could help deal with red-tapism.
- Poshan scheme and Ayushman Bharat could be integrated with the help of the individual states in including the larger mass.