- National Science Day is observed every year on the 28th of February.
- This day is celebrated as a significant development in science by the Indian scientist C V Raman who pioneered the discovery of the Raman Effect.
- He has been bestowed with the Nobel Prize for this discovery. Since then, the 28th of February is being observed as the National Science Day to honor the tremendous discovery of CV Raman.
The theme of 2021:
- This year’s theme,
Future of STI: Impacts on Education, Skills, and Work.
- It aims to galvanize the students to attain hands-on exposure in the field of science.
Activities in the event:
- The activities of National Science Day consist of public speeches, science movies, science exhibitions, events based on science themes, concepts.
- The government felicitates scientists who have devoted their life immensely in the field of science to honor the anniversary of India’s greatest scientific discovery Raman effect.