24 Feb National Urban Digital Mission
National Urban Digital Mission
(GS Paper II, III – Governance)
- The Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry floated the National Urban Digital Mission, which was directed at building the shared digital infrastructure for cities.
- This mission will regulate the citizen-centric and ecosystem-driven reach for urban governance also, service delivery in cities by the year 2022.
- It will also be administering these service deliveries in cities and towns by 2024.
- Programs like Smart-Code, India Urban Data Exchange (IUDX), Smart Cities 2.0, and Geospatial Management Information System (GMIS) were also put in motion.
India Urban Data Exchange (IUDX):
- It is an open-source software platform providing a secure and authenticated transfer of data between several data platforms, data producers, 3rd party applications, and also consumers.
- It will facilitate total control to the data proprietor regarding the sharing of data. They could control the audience for revealing the data as per their own norms.
Smart Cities Mission:
- It is an urban renewal and retrofitting program that explores developing smart cities throughout India so for making cities citizen-friendly and sustainable.
- This mission is floated by the Union Ministry of Urban Development in association with the respective state governments. It initially combined 100 cities that will be concluded between 2019 and 2023.
India Urban Data Exchange is developed by the Smart Cities Mission and the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.