17 Mar On the difficult trail of India’s most wanted (The Hindu, Economics, GS-3)
Context:- CBI case against Malya and Neerav modi
What editorial says
- Current CBI situation is a mixed bag of success and failure.
- Neerav modi is on the verge of extradition.
- Vijaya malya too in the same stage
- About CBI
- It takes the power from delhi special police establishment.
- It’s director is appointed by Central government (prez) for 2 years.
- It has many wings to investigate the different matters.
- Financial frauds are not easy to detect and investigate because of complications and the files origin and destinations. Some time information belongs to foreign countries too.