15 Feb Propylene Derivative Petrochemical Project
Posted at 15 Feb 2021 in Current Affairs, Economy, GS Paper III, Science and technology 0 Comments
About the project:
- The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited(BPCL) project is launched by the PM in the state of Kerala, in Kochi.
- This is an expansion of the refinery.
- To help the country between ₹3,700 crores and ₹4,000 crores yearly in foreign exchange as the facility will set up the production of acrylates, acrylic acid, and oxo alcohol.
- It also aims to match the standard of Euro-IV/VI compliant auto-fuel, which is meeting the heightened demand for cleaner fuel in the country.
- As per the PM, the project will be a boost for the Atma Nirbhar Bharat and will create employment opportunities.
Advantages of using Propylene:
- It doesn’t have any toxic effects.
- Chemo Biokinetic studies show that propylene is removed promptly through the lungs with no chemical alterations.
- It does not change the color or transparency of water, which is why it can be environmental-friendly as well.