06 Dec Regenerative Agriculture
The topic talks about Biodiversity and climate change’s significance in Regenerative Agriculture.
Relevance for Prelims: Agriculture, IPCC
Relevance for Mains: Significance of Regenerative Agriculture
Context: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report on Climate Change and Land has underlined its significance of it.
It is a holistic farming system that focuses on the health of the soil, quality of food, improvement of biodiversity, and improved water & air quality.
Regenerative Agriculture focuses on a few principles mentioned below:
- Minimize soil distribution through conservation tillage.
- Diversify crops to replenish nutrients and disrupt pest and disease lifecycles.
- Integrate livestock which adds manure to the soil and further act as a source of carbon sinks.
- Crop covering which adds biomass to the soil
- Intensive agriculture practices have led to soil degradation and constant losses. According to international scientists, the way and the pace of degradation is going, it seems like the world may not have enough soil to cultivate crops.
- It improves soil health through practices that increased the level of biota and biodiversity.
- It also helps in the reduction of soil degradation and erosion and provides habitat and food for diverse species.
Current Affairs for UPSC
For any competitive examination, current affairs are extremely important. You can’t learn anything general knowledge if you don’t read the new current affairs every day. Every UPSC aspirant must read and memorize important current affairs in order to pass the Prelims, Mains, and Interview exams. You should read IAS current affairs if you are preparing for the IAS exam.
Every day, Plutus IAS serves the top ten current affairs. Our website provides you with all new current affairs for IAS exam at no cost. There are numerous websites that offer daily current affairs for UPSC exam preparation. However, we provide the most up-to-date and accurate information for UPSC, IAS, and SSC examinations at no cost. Therefore, we offer the best UPSC daily current affairs.
If you want to get more information on current affairs, follow your class :