25 Mar RS approves Bill empowering Delhi L-G amid Oppn. walkout (The Hindu, GS-2)
Posted at 25 Mar 2021 in Current Affairs, GS Paper II, Indian Polity 0 Comments
Brief About Bill:
- Section 21 i.e. : “The expression ‘Government’ referred to in any law to be made by the Legislative Assembly shall mean the Lieutenant Governor.“
- compulsory for the government of delhi to obtain the opinion of the Lieutenant Governor on all matters, before taking any ‘executive action’.
- Assent to Bills: LG to reserve certain Bills passed by the Legislative Assembly for President.
- which may diminish the powers of the High Court of Delhi
- which the President may direct to be reserved
- dealing with the salaries and allowances of the Speaker
- Deputy Speaker, and members of the Assembly and the Ministers
- relating to official languages of the Assembly or the NCT of Delhi.
- Rules of Procedure of the Assembly must be in consonance with parliamentary rules.