18 Aug What is ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’
(GS PAPER-2, POLICY
SOURCE – Pib)
- It is a nationwide celebration of Bharat Ka Amrut Mahotsav to mark the 75th year of India’s Independence.
- Three survivors and warriors who were earlier affected by HIV, Tuberculosis and Thalassemia shared how the schemes of the Government of India have helped and supported them in their fight against these diseases.
- Union Health Minister noted,“Swami Vivekananda was the first to recognise and nurture the power of youth in pre-independent India. In his footsteps, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji started many schemes and institutions for the benefit of youth including the Skill Development Ministry and ‘Khelo India’ programme.
- Most of the TB patients are also in the age-group of the younger generation. When the youth of the villages intend that there will be no more TB patients in the village, they will achieve it.”
- Speaking on the ‘Azadi ka Amrut’ Mahotsav’ being held on India’s 75th Independence Day. “The Prime Minister of India has asked the young generation of India to set the goal for themselves on what they wish to achieve in the next 25 years and actively participate in building the new India on its century year of independence.
Plutus IAS Current Affair Team Member