05 Apr Sukma encounter toll touches 22; Shah cuts short campaign (International security, GS-3, The Hindu)
Why:- Issue of Naxalism and Maoism
Bit History:– Naxalim movement was started from naxalbari village in west bengal and spread to central india.
- Major Point is that this movement is mainly talk about violent overthrow of the legitimate government from state and at center also
- Ideology is followed is Maoism from china.
Government is taking many measures to counter the maoism but it is still persist Why?
- Their ideology of quick justice.
- Taking share from government funds through contractors.
- selling of coal illegibly.
- Fund from outside india
- Urban naxalism provide the requisite ideological support.
Government measures till now
- Gray hound model of Andhra Pradesh.
- Bihar model which include people at grassroot level.
- modernization of police station.
- training to arm forces
- unified command for the affected states.
What need to do
- Unearth the nexus between politician and naxals
- More work on intelligence.
- capacity building.
- More funding the affected area + grassroot application of government policies.
- local level participation in surveillance and implementation.