07 May Why the Taiwan Covid model works (International relations, Ethics, Indian Express)
Posted at 07 May 2021 in Current Affairs, GS Paper II, International relation 0 Comments
Context:- Taiwan’s strategy and her learning from the SARS outbreak shows how country can learn from the history.
- nationwide infectious disease healthcare network
- legal authority for transferring patients with highly contagious diseases
- By acting early and effectively
- Taiwan implemented flexible adjustments for related quarantine measures
- public trust and cooperation with the government’s response
- principles of reasonable response
- Taiwan’s longstanding contributions to the international community
- in public health
- disease prevention
- the human right to health
- and to include Taiwan in WHO.
- What India can learn
- An effective political response.
- A central disease surveillance system.
- A cooperation among center and states.
- An effective quarantine mechanism
- Peoples response.